MSRX: A Meteorscatter Receiver for FSK441 and PSK2k

  • Les Rayburn
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2013
      I'm interested to hear if other amateurs in the US have experimented
      with the MSRX sofware developed by Klaus von der Heide, DJ5HG. I first
      learned about the sofware in an article published in DUBUS magazine in
      the fourth quarter of 2012. That article outlined how the receive-only
      software could be ran side-by-side with WSJT to improve the ability to
      decode meteor scatter signals.

      The article detailed V2 of the software, but I noticed today that Klaus
      has now released V3.4, presumeably with some of the improvements that
      were hinited at in the earlier article. I've only had a little chance to
      experiment with it, but I do know that one key feature is that this
      sofware displays an indicator of confidence that WSJT lacks. In my
      experience it also seems to decode short, weak pings a bit better than
      WSJT.

      The sofware can be downloaded at:
      http://www.dj5hg.de/digitalmodes/digitalmodes.html

      No experience here yet with PSK2k, but I hope to try that on meteor
      scatter soon as well. I'd love to hear what others think about this
      software and comparisions of it's performance vs. WSJT.

      Les Rayburn, N1LF
      121 Mayfair Park
      Maylene, AL 35114
      EM63nf

      6M VUCC #1712
      AMSAT #38965
      Grid Bandits #222
      Southeastern VHF Society
      Central States VHF Society Life Member
      Six Club #2484

      Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light