Re: [wsjtgroup] OT: What mode is running on 30m 10.138 +1000 ?

  • Facility 406 DM09
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 25, 2013
      "QRSS.."

      That's a speed, not a mode.

      Kurt
    • KD7YZ Bob
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
      • 1 Attachment
      • 134 KB
      On Thursday DM09 sent, on a straight key:

      F4D> "QRSS.."
      F4D>
      F4D> That's a speed, not a mode.

      The screenshot attached (if it gets into the Group's 'Photo' folder,
      shows a much wider signal than I believe QRSS is, wouldn't you say?

      Bob KD7YZ
      http://www.qrz.com/db/KD7YZ
    • Toby Burnett
      Message 3 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
        Could it be some OTH radar or something.   I have something wide around 10.112 -116 mhz. Pain in the Ar**.
      • Brian D
        Message 4 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
          KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz@...> wrote:

          > On Thursday DM09 sent, on a straight key:
          >
          > F4D> "QRSS.." F4D> F4D> That's a speed, not a mode.
          >
          > The screenshot attached (if it gets into the Group's 'Photo' folder, shows
          > a much wider signal than I believe QRSS is, wouldn't you say?

          That looks like interference from wall wart, compact fl or similar SMPS.

          --
          Brian D
          G3VGZ
          Message 5 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
            On Thursday D sent, on a straight key:

            > That looks like interference from wall wart, compact fl or similar SMPS.

            I thought along similar lines.

            I failed to have any ideas though as we live in rural Appalachia; the
            nearest potential human-run dwelling as a half-mile and separated by
            hills and valleys.

            I don't see said strange-mode all the time. Just see it often
            enough, especially when I run WSJT-X on 30m.

            Bob KD7YZ
            http://www.qrz.com/db/KD7YZ