Re: [wsjtgroup] OT: What mode is running on 30m 10.138 +1000 ?

  • Rudy Benner
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 25, 2013
      QRSS..

      ve3bdr

      From: KD7YZ Bob
      Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:47 AM
      Subject: [wsjtgroup] OT: What mode is running on 30m 10.138 +1000 ?

      Hey WSJT Group:

      I was wondering if anyone knows the, for want of a better word, "Mode"
      which is wavering around dF +1000.

      I dont's always hear it. But this morning it is 10/9 and eliminates dF
      +500 to dF +1500.

      Sort of wavers up and down in the WF.

      thanks

      Bob KD7YZ
      http://www.qrz.com/db/KD7YZ

    • Facility 406 DM09
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 25, 2013
        "QRSS.."

        That's a speed, not a mode.

        Kurt
      • KD7YZ Bob
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
        On Thursday DM09 sent, on a straight key:

        F4D> "QRSS.."
        F4D>
        F4D> That's a speed, not a mode.

        The screenshot attached (if it gets into the Group's 'Photo' folder,
        shows a much wider signal than I believe QRSS is, wouldn't you say?

        Bob KD7YZ
        http://www.qrz.com/db/KD7YZ
      • Toby Burnett
        Message 4 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
          Could it be some OTH radar or something.   I have something wide around 10.112 -116 mhz. Pain in the Ar**.
        • Brian D
          Message 5 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
            KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz@...> wrote:

            > On Thursday DM09 sent, on a straight key:
            >
            > F4D> "QRSS.." F4D> F4D> That's a speed, not a mode.
            >
            > The screenshot attached (if it gets into the Group's 'Photo' folder, shows
            > a much wider signal than I believe QRSS is, wouldn't you say?

            That looks like interference from wall wart, compact fl or similar SMPS.

            --
            Brian D
            G3VGZ
            Message 6 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
              On Thursday D sent, on a straight key:

              > That looks like interference from wall wart, compact fl or similar SMPS.

              I thought along similar lines.

              I failed to have any ideas though as we live in rural Appalachia; the
              nearest potential human-run dwelling as a half-mile and separated by
              hills and valleys.

              I don't see said strange-mode all the time. Just see it often
              enough, especially when I run WSJT-X on 30m.

              Bob KD7YZ
              http://www.qrz.com/db/KD7YZ