OT: What mode is running on 30m 10.138 +1000 ?

  • KD7YZ Bob
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 25, 2013
      Hey WSJT Group:

      I was wondering if anyone knows the, for want of a better word, "Mode"
      which is wavering around dF +1000.

      I dont's always hear it. But this morning it is 10/9 and eliminates dF
      +500 to dF +1500.

      Sort of wavers up and down in the WF.

      thanks

      Bob KD7YZ
      http://www.qrz.com/db/KD7YZ
    • Rudy Benner
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 25, 2013
        QRSS..

        ve3bdr

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 25, 2013
          "QRSS.."

          That's a speed, not a mode.

          Kurt
        • KD7YZ Bob
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
          • 1 Attachment
          • 134 KB
          On Thursday DM09 sent, on a straight key:

          F4D> "QRSS.."
          F4D>
          F4D> That's a speed, not a mode.

          The screenshot attached (if it gets into the Group's 'Photo' folder,
          shows a much wider signal than I believe QRSS is, wouldn't you say?

          Bob KD7YZ
          http://www.qrz.com/db/KD7YZ
        • Toby Burnett
          Message 5 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
            Could it be some OTH radar or something.   I have something wide around 10.112 -116 mhz. Pain in the Ar**.
          • Brian D
            Message 6 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
              KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz@...> wrote:

              > On Thursday DM09 sent, on a straight key:
              >
              > F4D> "QRSS.." F4D> F4D> That's a speed, not a mode.
              >
              > The screenshot attached (if it gets into the Group's 'Photo' folder, shows
              > a much wider signal than I believe QRSS is, wouldn't you say?

              That looks like interference from wall wart, compact fl or similar SMPS.

              --
              Brian D
              G3VGZ
              Message 7 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
                On Thursday D sent, on a straight key:

                > That looks like interference from wall wart, compact fl or similar SMPS.

                I thought along similar lines.

                I failed to have any ideas though as we live in rural Appalachia; the
                nearest potential human-run dwelling as a half-mile and separated by
                hills and valleys.

                I don't see said strange-mode all the time. Just see it often
                enough, especially when I run WSJT-X on 30m.

                Bob KD7YZ
                http://www.qrz.com/db/KD7YZ