WSJT-X change suggestion

  • Andrew ZL3CC
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 19, 2013
      Could the double-click erase action clear the Dx call and grid boxes, as well as the received stations boxes?

      Or is there a reason why this would not be a good idea?

      Andrew ZL3CC
    • Andrew ZL3CC
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 19, 2013
        Thanks Sam. Unfortunately I am not a fan of function keys, I think it is better to have a clickable command on screen.

        Perhaps because I did not spend much of my working life in the "dumb terminal" era?

        Andrew

        > On 20/09/2013, at 11:19, Sam Morgan <k5oai.sam@...> wrote:
        >
        > F4 will clear those boxes for you
        >
        >> On 09/19/2013 05:51 PM, Andrew ZL3CC wrote:
        >> Could the double-click erase action clear the Dx call and grid boxes, as well as the received stations boxes?
        >>
        >> Or is there a reason why this would not be a good idea?
        >>
        >> Andrew ZL3CC
        >
        > --
        >
        > GB & 73
        > K5OAI
        > Sam Morgan
      • Sam Morgan
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 19, 2013
          along these same lines
          I would like to see it set up so we could
          double click on the
          [Generate Std Msg] button
          and it erase the Call and Grid fields
          as well as clearing the Msg fields

          On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Andrew ZL3CC <zl3cc@...> wrote:
          > Could the double-click erase action clear the Dx call and grid boxes, as well as the received stations boxes?
          >
          > Or is there a reason why this would not be a good idea?
          >
          > Andrew ZL3CC

          73 & GB
          Sam
          K5OAI
        • Jim Besancon
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 20, 2013

            Andrew

            I would prefer a check on/off option to clear standard messages under ‘SETUP’, much like the option to clear ‘DX Call and Grid After Logging’.

            73 – Jim – K8SIA

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 27, 2013

              I have another change suggestion. As a user who is not able to use the split function (HRD + FT1000mp) I would like to recommend a opt in option of a -500hz VFO change if a signal is double clicked below 500hz in the waterfall. Due to either/both the transmitter audio or soundcard output whenever a below 500hz signal is selected my TX output falls off below 300hz is not really usable.

              Also the audio signal would have to be shifted up 500hz to be at the same dial freq. I do this sometimes if I have double clicked a signal and the stations responds I will  use the HRD down 500 button and shift the audio up 500hz in the dead time but it would be great if the software did this it would make more stations available.

              Thanks for a great piece of software that I have greatly enjoyed using!

              Thanks for your consideration

              73 Morris WA4MIT