Re: [wsjtgroup] FSK441 sound or IQ files?

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2013
      Hi Jim

      I have sent you some FSK441 MS wav files in a direct email.

      You can load them into WSJT as a file (almost instant) and decode them. But a more realistic simulation of actually operating MS is to play them in as audio. To do this you'll need an audio recorder like Audacity. You don't need to use a soundcard to do this but you may need a virtual audio cable. VB works fine and is free for one connection.

      http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

      http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/

      I have SDR-Radio feeding WSJT via a VB virtual cable. So I'm already running the system you are planning.

      Drop me an email off board. I'd be happy to help getting you going.

      73 Paul G4DCV

      On 17/09/2013 12:39, radio@... wrote:

      Hi all,

      I have been looking for some sample sound files of FSK441 transmissions so that I can test my PC and decoding software.

      Ultimately, I will be using SDR software to (hopefully receive and decode MS bursts here, so I am also looking for any sample IQ files to help me test that setup too (SDR software >Sound card> WSJT.

      If anyone could please point me at any download sources for these, I would be grateful.
      A Google search has not found me any as yet....

      Cheers

      Jim.

      No virus found in this message.

    • Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18, 2013
        Hello,
        If you check my web page WWW.qth.net/n6dlh under the VHF link on the left there is a couple of audio captures that might help
        Some very strong Burns and a couple of very short weak pings that will decode with the software settings correctly set. You are more than welcome to them if they help.

        73
        Dave N6DLH