WSJTX Log Issues

  • n8tl
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14 6:20 AM
      I installed WSJTX from Kamal's archive on Mint 14 and Mint 15KDE.  Programs work
      well except when qso is logged, it logs as WAV file rather than ADI.  I can't find where
      install creates a ADI file archive.  Does anyone know how to fix this??

      Thanks, and regards,

      Tom N8TL
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16 6:54 AM
        Hi Tom,

        On 9/14/2013 9:20 AM, N8TL wrote:
        > I installed WSJTX from Kamal's archive on Mint 14 and Mint 15KDE. Programs work
        > well except when qso is logged, it logs as WAV file rather than ADI. I can't find where
        > install creates a ADI file archive. Does anyone know how to fix this??

        The *.wav file is raw audio data, not logging information. WSJT-X
        always writes audio data to disk, in case you might want to save it for
        later analysis. If you have not requested data-saving (by checking one
        of the "Save" options or hitting Ctrl-V) the *.wav file will be erased
        about 40 seconds into the next UTC minute.

        Logging information is written to the file wsjtx_log.adi. In the
        standard Linux installation of WSJT-X this file (and many others) will
        be in your WSJT-X working directory, ~/.wsjtx -- that is, .../.wsjtx
        under your home directory. Mine, for example, will be the directory
        /home/joe/.wsjtx.

        Extra hint: in Linux you can always find a file (say wsjtx_log.adi) in
        your system by doing this:

        $ sudo updatedb
        $ locate wsjtx_log.adi