Losing rig control

  • jm38401
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2013
      Hi folks,

      I'm brand new to the group and am looking forward to participating. I've been using WSJT-X with my IC7200 for a few months now and it is a great program. Before using WSJT-X I used jt65-hf for the past couple of years. WSJT-X decodes more signals and does it faster in my particular set up. Thanks Joe!

      There's one issue I'm having and am hoping to get some responses on how to handle it. Because of the disturbing number of operators who feel the need to run at way too high power levels I'm now having to use my pass band and notch filters. In the presence of the big signals there is no other signal showing on my display and nothing else is decoded. The big signals also take about 30 seconds to decode, if they decode at all. I thought the filters would be a good way to handle this, What I'm experiencing, however, is that most times when I make the filter adjustment directly on the rig I get a lost rig control error and the program just freezes. The only way to get it going again is to shut the program down and restart it.I use several other programs that allow me to make changes to the rig directly without the programs crashing. My environment is XP SP3 with a direct USB connection to the IC7200 and polling interval set to 1 second. I'm using WSJT-X v1.1, r3496.

      Is there some setting I can change to eliminate the crashes when I make manual changes to my rig? I've tried several things but so far I can't get a handle on this.

      Thanks and 73,

      John
      K4KQZ.