Re: Leaving Group

  • m0dev
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 10, 2013
      I'm all good in the gmail web interface

      73 Mark, M0DEV

      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz@...> wrote:

      > On 9/9/2013, W4TV (W4TV) sent :
      >
      > > The only problem with using an e-mail client (e.g. Outlook,
      > > Thunderbird, Eudora, etc.) is when messages are *posted* from the
      > > web interface they are full of HTML tags
    • Roger Kendall
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 11, 2013
        I always use an e-mail client for group mail and apart from the odd message
        there are very few that carry HTML tags to confuse the script! Even they can
        be read if you ignore the garbage.

        The anternative of using the new Neo system on their group website seems to
        be full of problems especially for moderators.

        Yahoo seem to have created a major problem for themselves as some mail has
        taken two days from posting to appear at the recipients Inbox. There is no
        consistency in behavior. That is not acceptable for what purports to be an
        instant messaging service.

        Roger
      • chas cartmel
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 11, 2013

          Roger

          I agree 100% with your observations.

          The main issue for me is the delay you mentioned, especially on those groups configured not to send a copy of the post back to the sender as at times I wonder if the post got delivered. Also here where the default is to a personal mailbox so there is no way of checking unless of course you manually change the ‘To’ value or use the link at the bottom of the post to redirect to the Group. It was OK (ish) before as the mail service could be relied upon, but not now.

          I wonder if any groups you know of have migrated to another host, Google Groups being the most obvious. I am a member of 1 only there with little traffic but wonder if Yahoo’s troubles will be Googles gain – Shooting themselves in the foot or what!

          73

          Charlie

          www.G4EST.me.uk