Re: [wsjtgroup] Anyone active on 60m with JT9 or JT65?

  • tony everhardt
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 7, 2013

      From: Kai <k.siwiak@...>
      To: Rudy Benner <rudy@...>
      Cc: WSJT Group <wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com>; KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz@...>
      Sent: Saturday, September 7, 2013 9:34 AM
      Subject: Re: [wsjtgroup] Anyone active on 60m with JT9 or JT65?

      FCC/NTIA regs:  You MUST be centered in the 60 m band channel. That is, 1.5 kHz above the rig dial frequency for that channel.
      73
      Kai, KE4PT

      On 9/7/2013 7:54 AM, Rudy Benner wrote:
      I would not bother to move up 2 khz, its not exactly a busy band.

      ve3bdr

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 8, 2013
        On 9/7/2013, Kai (KE4PT) sent :
        > FCC/NTIA regulations: you must center your transmissions in
        > the exact center of the 60 m band channels.
        thanks to everyone for the replies.

        I shall endeavor to try it out, making dang sure I am on a center of
        1500 for JT9.

        And I agree with Joe, the 'rules' area bit into the 'useless' zone.
      • Eric T-N6SPP
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 8, 2013
          hi Bob KD7YZ and group~

          Starting on 5330.5 plus offsets (dial-channel1) and moving to the next higher channel for digital to avoid interference to primary users and ham phone stns is general protocol.

          In Region2, some of us have been using 5357 and a df of  approx +230hz for jt9 and jt65.

          EX~

          JT65a:
          5357 (dial)
          +1270 inj left sync tone/zero df
          +230hz  DF (=af of 1500hz)
          ----------
          = 5358.5 "data channel center" (actually, a df of +230 places  the178hz wide  jt65 sig a little to the right of data channel center.. a df of about 140hz would be closer to center)

          JT9:
          5357 (dial)
          +1500 AF

           One of the 60m sked sites is at "obriensweb.com/60m"

            73 Eric n6spp_bp51

        • Rudy Benner
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 9, 2013
            Nice little gathering on 60 meters this morning.....

            ve3bdr