Re: [wsjtgroup] Finally got it running

  • Jack
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2002
      Carl,
                  I use an IC-820 on 432 wsjt and jt44.  I go into the mike connector also. You might run into a stability problem if you don't have the oven oscillator in it. Using SSB I had no problem with this but when I used WSJT or JT44 it would drift quite a bit so I now have my signal generator being used for the oscillator. It is connected to a freq. standard so is very stable and accurate. Also, as you know if you used it for other digital modes, you should use an external fan blowing across the heat sink on the back. If you can keep the internal fan from coming on it will not drift as quickly.  These were my observations using the fore-runner  IC-820H.  I only use it for 432 now as my low band rig has 100 watts on 2m. I have made one WSJT contact on 432 but during meteor storms. Very difficult on that band.
              Good Luck on these modes and there are many stations within your reach. I live in AZ so we are way to far for these modes.

      73,    Jack,  K1VOW
      Golden Valley, AZ     DM25vf