WSJTx "Split" help

  • KD7YZ Bob
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2013
    Hey WSJT Group:
    Rig a K3: K3 in 'Split' mode. VFO-B initially mirrors VFO-A. During
    XMIT, the "Tx" arrow is over VFO-B

    WSJTx config's set to "Split" & CAT

    WSJTx 5638 initially I had set "Lock Tx-Rx".

    What I see is that people will answer me exactly 1000hz higher.

    If a screenshot jpg attached to this email will also get to the List,
    then you can look at what I am seeing.

    Bob KD7YZ
    http://www.qrz.com/db/KD7YZ
  • Sam Morgan
    Message 2 of 4 , Aug 27, 2013
      not sure what version you are talking about, don't remember a 5638 ???

      K3 with wsjtx 1.2 r3563 CAT using DXLabs Commander Split RX/TX Lock

      only time I saw the same problem you are seeing is when
      CAT had turned it's self off and I didn't realize it
      so I was getting answered 1kc above, weird

      I kept my rx/tx locked and just
      clicked on the freq I was getting answered on
      and we completed the qso

      then I went back in and reset CAT to on and had no more problems

      ymmv
      sam

      --

      GB & 73
      K5OAI
      Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27, 2013
        YZ> What I see is that people will answer me exactly 1000hz higher.

        An good while later I am calling CQ on same place of 160m and the
        reports I am seeing thru Ham-Spots puts me on the correct place, ie
        1838.6 or thereabouts. Not 1000hz higher as before.

        HOWEVER, the K3 VFO-B shows 1.837 for the Tx portion of calling CQ.

        Now, since I have WSJTx set to a dF of 1000Hz, then I should be seeing
        the reports come out on 1837.6 .... but they are 1000Hz higher than the
        VFO-B.

        I did not make the changes to K3 .. as I reported earlier and showed ith
        the screen shot (located in the Attachments section of the yahoo groups
        web interface if you use email TEXT-Only like I do you never see the
        HTML Link)

        The K3 readout "was" VFO-A and VFO-B read 1.838 .. and then in the WF I
        clicked somewhere to make the dF offset (600 Hz in the case we are
        talking about)

        go figure ..
      • Dan
        Message 4 of 4 , Aug 28, 2013
          Hi Bob,

          You can read about my experience in the thread:

          I am no longer troubleshooting or posting about this issue. The reality is that it doesn't seem to affect everybody, and that includes the authors. In short, nobody seems to care unless they are affected by this bug.

          Dan
          KJ6RGX