Linux Mint 15, WSJTX, SL_USB, & K3 play nice

  • Sam Morgan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2013
      Sorry if this is OT for many on the list, I also run Windows 7 and have been
      following the new v 1.2 Beta releases with enthusiasm. I read where Joe had
      mentioned 'PortAudio' and remembered seeing that in my new Linux Mint 15 sound
      settings. So feeling adventuresome I thought I'd try WSJT-X on Linux.

      I'm happy to report the following equipment and programs have decided to play
      nice on the Linux side of my new box.

      AMD 4.0Ghz 8 core w/ 16Gig of ram
      Linux Mint 15
      WSJT-X v1.1, r3496
      Elecraft K3
      SignaLink USB

      under Setup/Configuration/Station my settings are:

      PTT method: CAT PTT Port: None
      [x] Enable PSK Reporter [x] CW ID after 73 CD ID Interval (min): 0

      [x] Enable CAT Rig 229 Elecraft K3/KX3
      CAT port: /dev/ttyS0 [ ] RTS/DTR OFF Data bits: 8
      Serial rate: 38400 (x) Data Stop bits: 2
      Handshake: None [x] Split Tx
      Polling interval (s): 4

      Audio In: Dev 15 CH 32 API ALSA Name pulse
      Audio Out: Dev 5 CH 2 API ALSA Name USB Audio CODEC: USB Audio (hw:3,0)

      ===

      when trying to use USB Audio CODEC: USB Audio (hw:3,0) for Audio In
      I get a popup window that says:

      error in Sound in
      "Port Audio says requested sound card format not supported"

      and another popup window that says:
      "Failed to start audio input stream"

      ===

      Using FLDigi, using PortAudio, both Capture and Playback work fine using
      USB Audio CODEC: USB Audio (hw:3,0)

      ===

      I have taken the 'AUX out' from the SignaLink USB and fed it into
      the Line In for my motherboard's sound card and that allows me to receive.

      ===

      --
      73 & GB
      Sam