RE: [wsjtgroup] Re: One Last Attempt to Solve this Problem

  • listbox2
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 25, 2013

      Doc,

      I am wondering if Process Lasso might be causing the problem.  Have you tried stopping Process Lasso?  wsjt-x decodes the station on your selected frequency first in order to give you the best response time for the QSO in progress.  It then turns its attention to those of the same mode, and then those in the other mode.  So in your case, wsjt-x works its heart out on decoding your QSO partner first.  Maybe Lasso’s management is affecting the wsjt-x process at that critical time.

      73, Bill  W2KKJ

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 25, 2013

        Doc,

        Please enable the "All" option in the "Save" menu so that the audio samples are saved. When you encounter the issue, please try "File/Open" and select the file with the time stamp when the problem occurred. If WSJT-X decodes, the decoder is working and there could be a problem elsewhere in the program. If WSJT-X doesn't decode, please send the file to Joe K1JT so that he can analyse the file.

        73,

        -- Edson PY2SDR

      • Ed
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 25, 2013

          Interesting.    I have been experiencing this same issue every since the last update or so.   Since I operate so seldom,  it did not stick in my mind that it was an actual bug,  but after reading the comment below,  that fits my experience to a T.

          Next time I operate I will try to follow Erik’s suggestions to record the event.

          Ed   K7AAT

          > When I call CQ or answer a CQ in J&9 or JT65, the very next
          > transmission from the other station frequently will not decode. It can
          > be a perfectly clean signal, with no QRM or QSB nearby, it just simply
          > doesn't decode.
          > If there are other signals on the band at the same time, they all
          > decode as they should - it's only the signal sent to me that fails to
          > decode.

        • erikicket
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 27, 2013
            There is one more thing one can do if a decode is (or is not) made.
            That is go back in the waterfall to the minute of its occurence and double click on the sync freq of a JT65 signal or the full JT9 signal.
            That will re-exercise the decoder and may give a clue.

            73's de on4pb, erik.

            --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Ed <k7aat.ed@...> wrote:

            > Interesting. I have been experiencing this same issue every since the
            > last update or so. Since I operate so seldom, it did not stick in my mind
            > that it was an actual bug, but after reading the comment below, that fits
            > my experience to a T.
            >
            > Next time I operate I will try to follow Erik's suggestions to record the
            > event.
            >

            > Ed K7AAT
            >

            > > When I call CQ or answer a CQ in J&9 or JT65, the very next
            > > transmission from the other station frequently will not decode. It can
            > > be a perfectly clean signal, with no QRM or QSB nearby, it just simply
            > > doesn't decode.
            > > If there are other signals on the band at the same time, they all
            > > decode as they should - it's only the signal sent to me that fails to
            > > decode.

          • Paul
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 28, 2013