WSJT 9 Digital Gain Problem Help!!!

  • Wes Atchison
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2013
      I posted this question earlier but guess it got lost in all the chatter. At times when WSJT 9 makes the transition from TX to RX the digital gain will go to +20dB or -20dB turning the waterfall display white or black. The only way I have been able to clear the problem is to stop and restart WSJT 9. Real pain in the middle of a QSO. I am running the latest version of WSJT 9 on a Pentium 4 at 1.8GHz with 3 gig of ram. I have reduced the software running to PJ Client, WSJT 9 and my logging program. I have seen the problem occur with just WSJT 9 and my logging program running.

      The problem occurs more when I am running on 2 meters with a FT-847 plus 200 watt amp than it does on 6m running the FT920 running 100w but it does occur with both setups. The external sound card and radio isolation interface is the same for each band.

      Has anyone else seen this problem or can shed some light as to where to look to get a better idea as to what is happening?

      Help??

      Wes
      WA5TKU