Re: [wsjtgroup] v.3653 audio out (TX) vs. v.3520

  • Tony VK2AJF
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 22, 2013

      Thanks Bill. I had just wanted to support other comments about the significant reduction in the TX signal  (I have been compensating for this with the Signalink controls).

      Re the stutters: this occurs on my netbook even when it is not running any other software. It has been fine so far for all prior versions of WSJT-X with the previously-used sound code, as well as for a whole raft of other digital mode AR programs and SDR software. Anyhow maybe it is time to buy a faster portable station rig!?

      Thanks for your contribution to a fine piece of software.

      Cheers,

      Tony

      On Thursday, August 22, 2013, Bill Somerville wrote:
      On 21/08/2013 23:47, Tony VK2AJF wrote:

      Hi Bill, Joe T & Team,
      Hi Tony,

      I too have audio problems with v 3563.  The output audio level is very low compared to previous versions. Furthermore during a transmission the audio stutters on and off when I minimise or maximise any program window.
      The low o/p level can be avoided if you set the Windows speaker level for the sound device you have connected to your radio at the start of a session and do not touch the "Pwr" slider in WSJT-X since that will cause the Windows level to jump back down to 50%.

      Ok, that is useful information. I thought I had the buffering settings about right but I'm running on a fast machine. The stutters are a sign that the program is not keeping up with the required sound synthesis rate.

      What else is running on your machine and what hardware and operating system are you using?

      Previous versions worked fine in this regard.
      This is a fine tuning requirement which we need to get sorted out. Sorry for the inconvenience with teh o/p levels.

      Thanks & Cheers,

      Tony VK2AJF

      73
      Bill