Re: [wsjtgroup] Bug or not?

  • Tony VK2AJF
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 21, 2013
      Hi Ed,

      Yes of course you are right. Increasing the Signalink's TX Delay setting will keep the transmitter keyed up during these interruptions to the program's output. However the data being transmitted is indeed still interrupted. You can hear this if you use your rig's monitor setting to listen to the stream of transmitted JT65 sounds while you minimise or maximise a window.

      So the problem is still there. It may be that a faster processor is needed than the one in the netbook I use for my portable station.

      Cheers,

      Tony VK2AJF

      On Thursday, August 22, 2013, Ed wrote:

      Tony,

      Turning up the DLY on the SignaLink USB will not delay the START of a transmission unless you crank it up beyond several seconds….and I don’t think it will go that long even at max setting.   What turning it up a little,  as you have done,  is just delay the transmitter from dropping out of transmit when the audio coming from WSJT-X momentarily disappears and then reappears,  as is notable on this issue.  Still,   one wonders what effect that momentarily disappearing audio will have on a distant station’s decode reliability.

      Ed   K7AAT

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 22, 2013

        Tony,  My processor is an AMD triple core, running about 2.6GHZ.   I do have a few other programs running in the background…..FireFox,  Outlook email, and maybe one other program sometimes,  but if this processor cannot handle these interruptions in WSJT-X when minimizing windows, etc.,  then I think Joe may have some more coding to do on the program.    On the other hand I have not experienced any failure of the station on the other end of my QSO to decode my transmission….even when it had one or two of these interruptions -- so maybe we have nothing to be concerned about?

        73

        Ed   K7AAT