Re: [wsjtgroup] Wsjtx Software

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21, 2013
      Hi Fred

      What I think is happening, and indeed the reason I don't read most of the posts now and am tempted to unsubscribe is that when WSJT was new it was used almost exclusively by VHF/UHF folk for meteor scatter (FSK441) and EME (JT65) plus some tropo working. Then it became popular with HF ops and they outnumber the VHF folk. Not that I have anything against HF but it just doesn't light my candle and so most of the traffic in here now is of little interest and the VHF/UHF messages have been swamped in the noise. Ironic because WSJT was designed to dig messages out of the noise.

      Jim AA0MZ has just created a group for WSJT HF folk. Thanks Jim great idea. We shall see if the QRM subsides :-)

      73 Paul G4DCV

      On 21/08/2013 20:20, fred_darrah wrote:

      Just a thought. We know the software is not perfected and not for all rigs. Would it be possible for those with difficulties to direct those problems directly to the developers of the software? I only suggest this as many of the original members are unsubscribing from the site. I have had as many as 30 emails on problems in one day. That is the reason many of you are getting direct to the individual, emails. It is a way of relieving the site of so many responses. The best way to solve the problems are with the development crew.
      73 No offense to anyone intended.
      Fred N9GUE