Wsjtx Software

  • fred_darrah
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21, 2013
      Just a thought. We know the software is not perfected and not for all rigs. Would it be possible for those with difficulties to direct those problems directly to the developers of the software? I only suggest this as many of the original members are unsubscribing from the site. I have had as many as 30 emails on problems in one day. That is the reason many of you are getting direct to the individual, emails. It is a way of relieving the site of so many responses. The best way to solve the problems are with the development crew.
      73 No offense to anyone intended.
      Fred N9GUE
    • David
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 21, 2013
        Hi All.......for those who may not know Joe K1JT is on vacation and is also
        out of e-mail range..
        WSJT-X is a program in development and therefore is not perfect
        I know it can be frustrating when one revision works and the next one doesnt
        with your system or rig.
        Bill G4WJS and others are trying to help in Joe's absense but may not be able to answer or fix problems

        Patience..patience..patience please and  we will get there

        David VK4BDJ

        On 22/08/13 05:20, fred_darrah wrote:

        Just a thought. We know the software is not perfected and not for all rigs. Would it be possible for those with difficulties to direct those problems directly to the developers of the software? I only suggest this as many of the original members are unsubscribing from the site. I have had as many as 30 emails on problems in one day. That is the reason many of you are getting direct to the individual, emails. It is a way of relieving the site of so many responses. The best way to solve the problems are with the development crew.
        73 No offense to anyone intended.
        Fred N9GUE

      • Kai

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 21, 2013
            Hi Fred

            What I think is happening, and indeed the reason I don't read most of the posts now and am tempted to unsubscribe is that when WSJT was new it was used almost exclusively by VHF/UHF folk for meteor scatter (FSK441) and EME (JT65) plus some tropo working. Then it became popular with HF ops and they outnumber the VHF folk. Not that I have anything against HF but it just doesn't light my candle and so most of the traffic in here now is of little interest and the VHF/UHF messages have been swamped in the noise. Ironic because WSJT was designed to dig messages out of the noise.

            Jim AA0MZ has just created a group for WSJT HF folk. Thanks Jim great idea. We shall see if the QRM subsides :-)

            73 Paul G4DCV