v.3563 audio out (TX) vs. v.3520

  • i3rgh
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 21, 2013
      Correction to the Title of my previous message: release in use is 3563 not 3653.. which does not yet exist (in the public domain).
      so the correct title is:

      v.3563 audio out (TX) vs. v.3520

      Best 73

      Bruno i3rgh
    • Giedrius LY2CG
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 21, 2013
        If there is no connection to the Internet version 1.2 stops working after 5 minutes irrespective  checked or not PSK Reporter in the Configurations... In version 1.1 this was not...

        Giedrius, LY2CG

      • Tony VK2AJF
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 21, 2013

          Hi Bill, Joe T & Team,

          I too have audio problems with v 3563.  The output audio level is very low compared to previous versions. Furthermore during a transmission the audio stutters on and off when I minimise or maximise any program window.

          Previous versions worked fine in this regard.

          Thanks & Cheers,

          Tony VK2AJF

          On Thursday, August 22, 2013, Brian Duffell wrote:

          I'm having similar problems with win7 64bit.

          "i3rgh" <bruno.rod@...> wrote:

          > Hello Joe
          >
          > I installed the beta v.3653 on my Windows 7 64bit. I am using a M-Audio
          > Delta44 as I/O board ( wit M-Audio drivers).
          >
          > I discovered that the audio output (with the Power slider at maximum) is
          > anyway 10 db lower than the previous version.. (and the "standard level I
          > use - with only minimal variations - in all Digital Ham programs, as
          > MIXW,JT65HF,WSPR,WSJT,Digital Master etc.) and sadly the max level is not
          > strong enough to drive my FT-817 to max output. Is it only a my issue?
          >
          > Using the mixer (per-application level control) on the tray bar I
          > discover that the "out level" for WSJT-X is set to 50%, and I can step it
          > up to full output once the trasmission has begun, BUT it RETURNS to 50% on
          > every start of transmission...and I must again set it to 100% to drive the
          > RTX! (this seems to be a bug.. why doesn't stay where I put it ?) This
          > makes the release 3653 very difficult to use, with the level used for
          > other digital modes. I have a 10 dB "spare" output level from the driver
          > which makes possible to "recover", but I must operate nearly "full
          > throttle down" for the audio, and this only for WSJT-X v.3653, while
          > returning to old versions I must return to the "standard" level.
          >
          > Other reports about similar behaviour?
          >
          > Best 73 Bruno i3rgh

          Brian Duffell
          G3VGZ

        • Ed
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 21, 2013

            I noted this ‘stuttering’ issue in a post I made a couple days ago.  In my case I felt I could circumvent the TX from dropping for a split second by simply increasing the SignaLink USB’s  TX DLY adjustment knob….but that still does not address the actual TX audio itself which is at the root of the issue.   Perhaps someone else on the group can provide more info?

            Ed   K7AAT

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 22, 2013

              Thanks Bill. I had just wanted to support other comments about the significant reduction in the TX signal  (I have been compensating for this with the Signalink controls).

              Re the stutters: this occurs on my netbook even when it is not running any other software. It has been fine so far for all prior versions of WSJT-X with the previously-used sound code, as well as for a whole raft of other digital mode AR programs and SDR software. Anyhow maybe it is time to buy a faster portable station rig!?

              Thanks for your contribution to a fine piece of software.

              Cheers,

              Tony

              On Thursday, August 22, 2013, Bill Somerville wrote:
              On 21/08/2013 23:47, Tony VK2AJF wrote:

              Hi Bill, Joe T & Team,
              Hi Tony,

              I too have audio problems with v 3563.  The output audio level is very low compared to previous versions. Furthermore during a transmission the audio stutters on and off when I minimise or maximise any program window.
              The low o/p level can be avoided if you set the Windows speaker level for the sound device you have connected to your radio at the start of a session and do not touch the "Pwr" slider in WSJT-X since that will cause the Windows level to jump back down to 50%.

              Ok, that is useful information. I thought I had the buffering settings about right but I'm running on a fast machine. The stutters are a sign that the program is not keeping up with the required sound synthesis rate.

              What else is running on your machine and what hardware and operating system are you using?

              Previous versions worked fine in this regard.
              This is a fine tuning requirement which we need to get sorted out. Sorry for the inconvenience with teh o/p levels.

              Thanks & Cheers,

              Tony VK2AJF

              73
              Bill