Re: Low or no power out on jt9

  • g4wjs
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2013
      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "DaveW" <dwimmer34@...> wrote:

      Hi Dave,

      > I'm running in the dual mode on Windows 8, FT-950 and Signalink USB. Setup is per instructions as far as I can tell. Works perfectly on jt65, but when I go to jt9 power drops from 1/2 to none. It keys the transmitter but little or no drive. What am I missing here?

      It sounds like you are not using split mode.

      In dual mode the JT9 signals are over 2kHz above your SSB dial (carrier) frequency and your radio cannot transmit tones that high in frequency because they fall outside of the bandwidth of your SSB TX filter.

      In order for WSJT-X to transmit tones that high it needs to have control of your transmit VFO, it uses CAT commands to set the TX dial frequency such that tones can be transposed down inside your TX filter bandwidth.

      You need to check the "Split" checkbox in the WSJT-X configuration AND set your transceiver into SPLIT mode. WSJT-X will then ensure that the tones are within the 1.5 - 2kHz range and select an appropriate TX dial frequency.

      73
      Bill
      G4WJS.