Getting the word out!

  • gary.liljegren@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2013
      This is somewhat in response to the thread of "My Only Complaint" and also to Tom, WA2PNI who talked about just getting started into JT9.  I feel the same way as Tom, but I have now been on JT9 for about 4 months with excellent low-power results.

      I wrote an article which will be on the ARRL website in the News and Features Column next week.  It's intended for those thinking about getting on JT9 but may not know which way to turn.  I have hopes that it will assist in recruiting some new faces.  If you would like to see an advanced copy of the article:  http://www.w4gal.com/jt9 will get you there.

      Yes, I know.  The first picture is out of date because I was using an older version of WSJT-X in June.  That picture will not be on the ARRL page.  Maybe I'll replace it soon on my website.

      Permit me an old-timer's comment:  I can remember in 1954 and 1955 when SSB was getting started up and the AMers were making snide comments and didn't want to make the transition.  There were small clumps of SSBers at the high end of 75 and 20.   This mode that Joe has created will win big because it has exactly what is needed for max fun today.  Low power, strange antennas, unbelievably great results.

      I plan on doing another article or two in the future to help get the word out.

      Gary - W4GAL