Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: Audio Control Question

  • Dave 'Doc' Corio
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 18, 2013
          The problem here isn't with the signal strength, or with the difference between low & high levels. I get decodes that low as well on a regular basis, and have even seen a few down to -30.

          The problem is that when I call CQ, or reply to someone who has called CQ, I lose his first transmission after mine. In many cases, the other station is fairly strong, as my antenna system leaves something to be desired, so I very often don't reply to a station who is lower than -20. This Loss of first transmission" happens at all signal levels, and has no bearing to AGC "pumping" (my AGC is always off) or nearby overpowering stations. It happens with only the other station and I in the bandwidth hi!!
      Tnx es 73
      Doc
      KB3MOW'
      On 8/18/2013 6:00 PM, Sam Morgan wrote:

      I regularly get decodes as low as -26 or -25
      my settings are as follows:

      K3
      AM Filter set to 0hz - 4,000hz
      line out nor 010
      RF Gain @ 3 o'clock
      ===

      SignaLink USB
      front RX control @ 12 o'clock
      Win 7 SignaLink volume @ #2
      ===

      WSJTX 1.2 r3563
      slider @ 4th tick mark from the bottom
      db readings vary from 20db to 30db
      ===

      WSJTX waterfall settings:
      (green line is level with the 1st division up from the bottom of the scale)
      (for both Current & Cumulative settings)
      Bins/Pixel 8
      JT65 2500 JT9
      Start 0 Hz
      Slope -0.2
      Zero 8
      Gain 8
      N Avg 5
      ===

      --

      GB & 73
      K5OAI

    • Sam Morgan
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 18, 2013
        I completely understand Doc...
        please see my comments on the very same problem:

        I just spent the entire 4-6 hrs of the day with the same problem.

        my last shutdown and restart of the pgm finally got me working this evening.

        also..
        I was just throwing out the settings that I finally found that work....
        when the beta version gremlins allow me to actually make contacts.

        Hopefully they may help someone get their system setup,
        as well as perhaps the details will help the developers tweak
        these new audio features we are having to endure, hi hi.

        Ya gotta love beta software he says, as he mutters under his breath:
        i reserve the right to *itch about it *to myself* lol.sm

        --

        GB & 73
        K5OAI