CAT polling rate setting.

  • Rudy
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 18, 2013
      Trying to get WSJT-X v 1.2 r3556 to work reliably.

      It would seem to run fine for a while by itself, but would
      eventually seem to die when I used it with JT Alert.

      Naturally, I would be fiddling with various and sundry settings.
      No need for logical and scientific procedures. This is ham radio,
      not rocket science. Likewise, no need for a stinking manual.

      Finally got it to work, seemingly reliably, with JT Alert, by
      NOT USING CAT control. Yes, exactly, AHAH! Voila.

      Best setting for polling is zero, settings of 1 second and 2 seconds seem to be problematic.

      Can someone see if they can break their setup by changing the polling
      rate, it will run fine for a while, then it dies.

      ve3bdr
    • Dan
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 18, 2013
        Running WSJTX v3250 with JTAlert v2.4.6 and I can confirm the same thing happens here with polling set at 10 and 14 seconds. I am not fiddling with any settings, just conducting QSO's and my waterfall will freeze, usually after transmitting my signal.

        My "fix" is to not use JTMacro's.

        Dan
        KJ6RGX

        --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Rudy" <rudy@...> wrote:

        > Trying to get WSJT-X v 1.2 r3556 to work reliably.
        >
        > It would seem to run fine for a while by itself, but would
        > eventually seem to die when I used it with JT Alert.
        >
        > Naturally, I would be fiddling with various and sundry settings.
        > No need for logical and scientific procedures. This is ham radio,
        > not rocket science. Likewise, no need for a stinking manual.
        >
        > Finally got it to work, seemingly reliably, with JT Alert, by
        > NOT USING CAT control. Yes, exactly, AHAH! Voila.
        >
        > Best setting for polling is zero, settings of 1 second and 2 seconds seem to be problematic.
        >
        > Can someone see if they can break their setup by changing the polling
        > rate, it will run fine for a while, then it dies.
        >
        > ve3bdr

      • Laurie, VK3AMA
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 19, 2013
          JTAlert-X doesn't care if CAT control is used with WSJT-X.

          JTAlert-X doesn't interact with the WSJT-X process or GUI expect for the
          sending the Halt keyboard shortcut if "Halt after current TX" is
          enabled, otherwise, there is *ZERO interaction with the wsjtx.exe or
          jt9.exe processes*. JTAlert does all it does by reading files written by
          wsjt-x, a status file (written specifically for JTAlert) and the decodes
          file.

          Sorry, but there is no way that changing the CAT polling to eliminate
          wsjt-x crashes is influenced by JTAlert.

          If JTAlert was the cause, then I would have expected to see numerous
          messages, rather than this single message, from the more than 1000 users
          running JTAlert-X against WSJT-X..

          de Laurie VK3AMA

          On 19/08/2013 2:20 AM, Rudy wrote:
          > Trying to get WSJT-X v 1.2 r3556 to work reliably.
          >
          > It would seem to run fine for a while by itself, but would
          > eventually seem to die when I used it with JT Alert.
          >
          > Naturally, I would be fiddling with various and sundry settings.
          > No need for logical and scientific procedures. This is ham radio,
          > not rocket science. Likewise, no need for a stinking manual.
          >
          > Finally got it to work, seemingly reliably, with JT Alert, by
          > NOT USING CAT control. Yes, exactly, AHAH! Voila.
          >
          > Best setting for polling is zero, settings of 1 second and 2 seconds seem to be problematic.
          >
          > Can someone see if they can break their setup by changing the polling
          > rate, it will run fine for a while, then it dies.
          >
          > ve3bdr

        • Laurie, VK3AMA
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 19, 2013