KX3 CAT

  • f5lci
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17, 2013
      Hi,
      I am using WSJTX 1.2.3556 with my KX3.
      "Rig control appears to be working", according to "test CAT control"
      I can switch the bands, but :
      - Mode is not always set to "Data" (A)
      - The button (just facing DX call) is orange, with an "S" letter inside.
      Any informations welcome.
      It is not very important, but I'd like to understand.

      72 de FO/F5LCI, BH91nv

      "To nobody, except those who will take pleasure here" (Franz Schubert, 1797-1828)
    • Joe Subich, W4TV
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 18, 2013
        wsjtx CAT never changes mode - it only returns to the last used mode
        on the particular band if the transceiver "remembers" the mode by band.

        73,

        ... Joe, W4TV

        On 8/18/2013 12:04 AM, f5lci wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I am using WSJTX 1.2.3556 with my KX3.
        > "Rig control appears to be working", according to "test CAT control"
        > I can switch the bands, but :
        > - Mode is not always set to "Data" (A)
        > - The button (just facing DX call) is orange, with an "S" letter inside.
        > Any informations welcome.
        > It is not very important, but I'd like to understand.
        >
        > 72 de FO/F5LCI, BH91nv
        >
        > "To nobody, except those who will take pleasure here" (Franz Schubert, 1797-1828)

      • Sam Morgan
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 18, 2013
          from the manual (pg 16-17 in version 1.2 August 16, 2013)

          manual is available using F1 in WSJTX

          "The drop-down Band selector at upper left lets you select the operating band
          and sets dial frequency to a default value taken from the Default Frequencies
          tab on the Setup | Configuration screen. If you are using CAT control, a small
          colored square appears in green if the CAT control is two-way between WSJT-X and
          your radio, or orange if the control is only from program to radio. (You can
          request a one-time interrogation of the radio’s dial frequency by clicking on
          the orange square.) The square becomes red if you have requested CAT control but
          communication with the radio has been lost."

          --

          GB & 73
          K5OAI