Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X v1.2 r3563 beta release, with bug fixes

  • Joe Subich, W4TV
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 17, 2013
      > My guess is that they will coexist if you do this:
      >
      > 1. Start r3563, set Multiple Instances, then exit.
      > 2. Start r3520. No need to set Multiple Instances.
      > 3. Restart r3563.

      OK, that's the magic formula ... start 3520 first without the
      "multiple" flag. 3563 and 3520 are running neck and neck -
      there are a few times that one will decode a signal that the
      other will not but the advantage goes back and forth.

      I do see that 3563 appears to ignore the JT65/JT9 boundary
      setting. If the value is too low e.g. 2200 and there is a
      JT65 signal at 2700 3563 will decode it anyway while 3520
      ignores it.

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 17, 2013
        W4TV wrote:

        > I do see that 3563 appears to ignore the JT65/JT9 boundary
        > setting. If the value is too low e.g. 2200 and there is a
        > JT65 signal at 2700 3563 will decode it anyway while 3520
        > ignores it.

        I have not been able to confirm this.

        The intention is that automatic decoding of JT65 goes up to but not
        beyond the blue line. Targeted decoding, at or very close to the
        selected Rx frequency, will always be attempted. As far as I can see,
        that's what happens.

        -- Joe, K1JT