Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: WSJT-X v1.2 r3556, beta release

    Message 1 of 53 , Aug 17, 2013
    Hi Joe,

    > I previously sent you two wave files - one captured with each version
    > in the same minute. Perhaps you can tell something from them.

    I'm working on borrowed time here... leaving tomorrow for two weeks
    away, and much to do. I expect that others in the development group --
    and particularly Bill, G4WJS -- will get you sorted out soon.

    Your two test files tell the story very clearly -- see the attached
    screen shots that shows spectra from both files at high resolution,
    using the waterfall graph in WSJT-X.

    The top display in each image is from your file 130817_0204a.wav,
    recorded by r3520. The lower one from 130817_0204b.wav, recorded
    simultaneously with r3556. The second image, w4tv_2.png, is an expanded
    view around the the strong JT9 signal at 3450 Hz.

    The strong JT9 signal is clean in 130817_0204a.wav, but corrupted by
    many discontinuities in 130817_0204b.wav. The discontinuities produce
    the equivalent of "key clicks", clearly evident in the spectra.

    I'm sure Bill will get you sorted out, and soon!

    One other comment: You are running your audio input way too hot, perhaps
    by 20 dB or so. For best dynamic range, reduce your Rx audio level so
    that you get no more than ~30 dB on the WSJT-X meter with the digital
    gain slider at mid-scale.

    -- 73, Joe, K1JT
  • kc2wuf
    Message 53 of 53 , Aug 18, 2013
      Ed,

      In Setup enable "Blank line between decoding periods".

      73 David KC2WUF