WSJT-X v1.2 r3556, beta release
- To: Users and potential users of WSJT-X
From: Joe Taylor, K1JT
A new beta release has been posted on the WSJT web site,
There are many program changes since code revision 3520, and a number of
new features. Here's a brief summary from the ChangeLog:
1. Audio I/O now uses Qt's built-in multimedia library instead of
PortAudio. User options are provided for input (mono/left/right) and
output (mono/left/right/both), and a digital attenuation slider to
control Tx audio level. In "Split Tx" mode, Tx signals are now
cleaner because Tx audio is constrained to the range 1500 - 2000 Hz.
2. Windows reports to PSKReporter now use our own code, rather than
3. Many new optional palettes for waterfall colors, selectable from a
drop-down list on the Wide Graph window.
4. Fixed bug causing misalignment of Cumulative spectrum when start
frequency is not 0. Also decoding begins at start frequency rather than
5. Tx message #6 is now selected at program startup.
6. Faster logbook lookup when "Show DXCC entity and worked B4 status" is
selected. Also better ADIF compatibility and better text alignment in
left and right text windows.
7. Improved Tool Tips for on-screen controls.
8. Various other code changes for uniformity across platforms, ease of
maintenance, and good programming practice. (Most of these will be
invisible to users.)
9. Program is now built with the latest Qt, version 5.1.
10. Updates to User's Guide.
I recommend installing this release in a new directory. The default
directory is C:\WSJTX1.2
As always, this program release is based on a group effort. Special
thanks are due to G4WJS, PY2SDR, G4KLA, VK4BDJ, and AC6SL for their most
Note to all: I will be traveling and mostly out of email contact from
August 18 through August 31.
-- 73, Joe, K1JT
In Setup enable "Blank line between decoding periods".
73 David KC2WUF
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, Ed <k7aat.ed@...> wrote:
> After just downloading and running the latest, 3563, I see the dashed
> lines are no longer present between successive minutes decodes. Was this
> Ed K7AAT