Re: Feature request WSJT-X - reporting to JT65 RB Network

  • zl3cc
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2013
      OK, good idea. Anyone have an email address for W6CQZ ?

      Presumably, though, logic could be built in to only report JT65 signals, and to exclude JT9.

      Andrew ZL3CC

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2013
        Hi Andrew,

        Sure, but why would we want to do that? One of the main motivations for
        making WSJT-X "bi-lingual" is to help users find out for themselves that
        at HF, JT9 is a better mode. More sensitive, and less than 1/10 the
        bandwidth.

        -- Joe, K1JT

        On 8/5/2013 8:22 PM, zl3cc wrote:
        > OK, good idea. Anyone have an email address for W6CQZ ?
        >
        > Presumably, though, logic could be built in to only report JT65 signals, and to exclude JT9.
        >
        > Andrew ZL3CC
        >
        > --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Joe Taylor<joe@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Hi Andrew,
        >>
        >> Maybe you should ask Joe Large (W6CQZ) if that's what he wants.
        >>
        >> As I underatsnd it, the JT65 RB Network is for JT65 signals. WSJT-X has
        >> two modes, and they are treated equally. It seems best to have WSJT-X
        >> reception reports sent to sites that support both JT65 and JT9 alike --
        >> for example, HamSpots and PSK Reporter.
        >>
        >> -- Joe, K1JT
        >>
        >> On 8/5/2013 7:52 PM, zl3cc wrote:
        >>> Please consider adding to WSJT-X the feature of reporting to the JT65 RB Network of W6CQZ.
        >>>
        >>> This network provides by far the fastest means of seeing who has received your last JT65 transmission - as quickly as 3 seconds after transmission ends in some cases.
        >>>
        >>> Now that I have started using WSJT-X for JT65, I realise that stations I am receiving are no longer seeing reports from me on that network, though they did when I used JT65-HF. As more stations move to WSJT-X, the RB Network will therefore become less and less useful.
        >>>
        >>> Thanks and 73
        >>> Andrew ZL3CC

        >>> WSJTGroup Homepage --> http://www.wsjtgroup.org/
        >>>

        >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Laurie, VK3AMA
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5, 2013
          What is achieved by seeing your outgoing spots within 3 seconds?

          de Laurie VK3AMA

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 5, 2013
            -- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie, VK3AMA" <groups05@...> wrote:

            > What is achieved by seeing your outgoing spots within 3 seconds?
            >
            > de Laurie VK3AMA
            >
            > On 6/08/2013 9:52 AM, zl3cc wrote:
            > > as quickly as 3 seconds after transmission ends in some cases.

            Not my outgoing spots, but others' spots of me!

            When calling a rare or popular station, it tells me almost instantly if I am being heard, or perhaps being squashed by another station or stations on the same frequency. If so I QSY to another slot and call again next corresponding minute.

            It can make all the difference in dodging around a JT65 pile-up.

            While your programs and site are great, Laurie (thank you) when something else is faster, of course I want it too :-)

            Cheers
            Andrew ZL3CC