Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: Unable to decode the JT9 band

  • Goran SM4DHF
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 4, 2013
      Thanks David, well explained
      Now I get both JT9 and JT65 multimode decoding!

      Goran SM4DHF

      kc2wuf skrev 2013-08-04 15:46:

      Let's try posting this again with the proper To addressee.

      For multi-mode decode you need to see a blue line on your Wide Graph waterfall. Everything signal to the left will be decoded for JT65 and every signal to the right will be decoded for JT9. If you can't see the blue line on the top scale of your waterfall display then change the number in the far-right text box "JT65 #### JT9" to the scale value you'd like the blue line to reside at.

      For example, if you are using a QRG of 14076 then 2270 would be the top of the old JT65-HF band, while 3000 is the start of the original JT9 band. If you are using a QRG of 14078 then 1000 would be the base of the original JT9 decoding window.

      Hope this helps.

      73 David KC2WUF

    • hb9ari@bluewin.ch
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4, 2013
        Hi David,

        The blue line is set to 2500 Hz instead of 2270 Hz.
        During my last tests this afternoon, my VFO was
        on
        21.076 Mhz (Anan100/D) and all JT65 till 2500Hz
        and JT9 from 2500 till ~4000Hz were perfectly visible.
        No problem for
        JT65 decoding, but only manual decoding
        (double clic on the trace) was possible for signal lower then
        -15 to -20 dB.

        The spectrum was perfectly flat till ~ 4000Hz.
        Traces on the waterfall were perfectly visible.
        It's like i'get a loss
        of sensitivity for decoding with
        the high frequencies. Speed of VAC is 48000 samples/s as
        written in manual.

        Thank
        you for your answer.

        My best 73,
        Rudi, HB9ARI

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 4, 2013
          Hi Andy,

          Thank you for your message.

          I'm now at QRL pro in Yverdon-les-Bains.
          I'll return to my camping site's shack
          next Wednesday
          and will be able to send to you some screen-shots.

          My best 73,
          Rudi, HB9ARI

          ----Message
          d'origine----
          De: a.durbin@...
          Date: 04.08.2013 21:18
          À: <hb9ari@...>
          Objet: RE: [wsjtgroup] Re: Unable to
          decode the JT9 band

          Hi Rudi,

          Can you please send me screen snapshots of you wsjt-x widegraph window and main window.
          Make the snapshots for the case when you are not decoding JT9.

          BTW no problem with your English, much better than my
          German or French ;)

          73,

          Andy

          Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2013 11:48 AM
          > To: a.durbin@...
          > Subject: RE: [wsjtgroup] Re: Unable to decode the JT9
          band

          > Hi Andy,
          >
          > The RX BW is set from 50 to 4195 Hz (Anan100/D)
          > The spectrum is flat from 100 to 4100Hz.

          Traces are
          > perfectely visibles on waterfall from ~100 to 2500 Hz (JT65)
          > and decoded 100%
          > Traces are also
          perfectly visible from
          > 2500 to 4000Hz (JT9)
          > JT9 are decoded if level is over ~ -15 to -20 dB like "Multi" with
          JT65-HF
          > JT9 is decoded for
          > lower levels ONLY if i double click on the corresponding
          > trace.
          > If i leave the
          cursor on the trace, next trace(s) are
          > perfectely decoded
          > "automatically".
          >
          > Sorry but it's difficult for me to
          explain in English language hi !

          Date: 04.08.2013 16:58
          > À: <wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com>
          > Objet:
          > [wsjtgroup] Re: Unable to decode the JT9 band

          Please confirm that the, on the wide graph display, the mode boundary
          > marker (blue line on the frequency scale) is
          set to a suitable value.

          > If it is not set at a frequency lower than the
          > JT9 signals they will not be decoded no
          matter what TX mode is selected.

          > 73,
          >
          > Andy
          >

          > > I have the same problem.
          > JT65 decodes fine in
          Multi mode.
          > > I have to use single mode JT9 to be able to decode any JT9-signals
          > > so very
          > interested in the
          answers you get!