WSJT-X v1.1.1 r3519

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2013
      The WSJT development team has been busy recently, with important new
      contributions from AC6SL, G4KLA, G4WJS, PY2SDR, VK3ACF, and VK4BDJ.

      Today I posted a beta release of WSJT-X Version 1.1.1, r3519 on the WSJT
      web site. This release contains a number of feature improvements since
      Version 1.1: see the ChangeLog at
      http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx_changelog.txt
      for details.

      The link for downloading is
      http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJTX_111r3519.exe

      Please remember that as a user of a beta release you have a
      responsibility to report your results. We welcome bug reports as well
      as requests for new features. Bug reports should include a clear
      statement of what's wrong and a recipe for how to reproduce the problem.

      -- 73, Joe, K1JT
      For the WSJT Development Team
    • Rudy Benner
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2013
        Crashes, have gone back to previous.

        ve3bdr

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2013
          I was looking forward to some of the enhancements, particularly the Grey option and minimum freq on the spectrum.

          Unfortunately I get a "Microsoft C++ runtime error - terminate in an unusual way"
          I uninstalled the previous version and re-installed r3519, but no luck.

          I am using Microsoft XP pro, Service Pack2

          John
          GW4MBN

          --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Joe Taylor <joe@...> wrote:

          > The WSJT development team has been busy recently, with important new
          > contributions from AC6SL, G4KLA, G4WJS, PY2SDR, VK3ACF, and VK4BDJ.
          >
          > Today I posted a beta release of WSJT-X Version 1.1.1, r3519 on the WSJT
          > web site. This release contains a number of feature improvements since
          > Version 1.1: see the ChangeLog at
          > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx_changelog.txt
          > for details.
          >
          > The link for downloading is
          > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJTX_111r3519.exe
          >
          > Please remember that as a user of a beta release you have a
          > responsibility to report your results. We welcome bug reports as well
          > as requests for new features. Bug reports should include a clear
          > statement of what's wrong and a recipe for how to reproduce the problem.
          >
          > -- 73, Joe, K1JT
          > For the WSJT Development Team

        • Sam Morgan
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 2, 2013
            crashes when attempting to start the program

            Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library

            this application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
            Please contact the applications support team for more information.

            --

            GB & 73
            K5OAI
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 2, 2013
              Yup, me too. Win 7 32

              ve3bdr

              Sent: Friday, August 02, 2013 9:41 AM
              Subject: Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X v1.1.1 r3519

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 2, 2013
                removed wsjt2 from computer with control panel

                downloaded r3519 again

                renamed the old r3496 wsjt2 directory

                let wsjtx install r3519 fresh into a new wsjt2 directory

                1st complained of PSKReporter.dll is missing from computer
                said try reinstalling pgm

                reinstalled pgm

                same error PSKReporter.dll is missing from computer

                copied PSKReporter.dll 176kb from 3/10/13 out of old wsjtx directory
                into wsjt2 directory

                now fails to start with:
                the pgm can't start because palir-02-.dll is missing

                ==== not ready for prime time====
                since the PSKReporter I copied may not be the correct version
                and I could be giving useless debug info.....

                I will now remove all wsjt2 and reinstall wsjt 1.1 r3496

                On 8/2/2013 8:41 AM, Sam Morgan wrote:
                > crashes when attempting to start the program
                >
                > Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library
                >
                > this application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
                > Please contact the applications support team for more information.
                >

                > On 8/2/2013 7:58 AM, Joe Taylor wrote:
                >> The WSJT development team has been busy recently, with important new
                >> contributions from AC6SL, G4KLA, G4WJS, PY2SDR, VK3ACF, and VK4BDJ.
                >>
                >> Today I posted a beta release of WSJT-X Version 1.1.1, r3519 on the WSJT
                >> web site. This release contains a number of feature improvements since
                >> Version 1.1: see the ChangeLog at
                >> http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx_changelog.txt
                >> for details.
                >>
                >> The link for downloading is
                >> http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJTX_111r3519.exe
                >>
                >> Please remember that as a user of a beta release you have a
                >> responsibility to report your results. We welcome bug reports as well
                >> as requests for new features. Bug reports should include a clear
                >> statement of what's wrong and a recipe for how to reproduce the problem.
                >>
                >> -- 73, Joe, K1JT
                >> For the WSJT Development Team

                --

                GB & 73
                K5OAI
                Sam Morgan
              • Francesco Piccone
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 2, 2013
                  Same happens to me greetings
                  Francesco
                  YV4GJN
                  crashes when attempting to start the program

                  Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library

                  this application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
                  Please contact the applications support team for more information.

                  On 8/2/2013 7:58 AM, Joe Taylor wrote:
                  > The WSJT development team has been busy recently, with important new
                  > contributions from AC6SL, G4KLA, G4WJS, PY2SDR, VK3ACF, and VK4BDJ.
                  >
                  > Today I posted a beta release of WSJT-X Version 1.1.1, r3519 on the WSJT
                  > web site. This release contains a number of feature improvements since
                  > Version 1.1: see the ChangeLog at
                  > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx_changelog.txt
                  > for details.
                  >
                  > The link for downloading is
                  > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJTX_111r3519.exe
                  >
                  > Please remember that as a user of a beta release you have a
                  > responsibility to report your results. We welcome bug reports as well
                  > as requests for new features. Bug reports should include a clear
                  > statement of what's wrong and a recipe for how to reproduce the problem.
                  >
                  > -- 73, Joe, K1JT
                  > For the WSJT Development Team

                  --

                  GB & 73
                  K5OAI
                  Sam Morgan

                • Larry Bryan
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 2, 2013
                    Joe,

                    Just downloaded beta r3520. Just a comment on the "S" in the green box. It's not very visible, is there a way to make it stand out more. I have not adjusted any fonts on my end yet. Thanks for the continued effort.
                    73
                    Larry - W8LIG