multiple decodes same frequency

  • chas cartmel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31 3:11 AM

      Anybody seen this?

      decodessamefreq.JPG

      20m band.

      When the audio file is played back the double decode again shows,

      decodessamefreqfile.JPG

      73

      Charlie

      www.G4EST.me.uk

    • chas cartmel
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31 4:03 AM

        Eddy

        I have seen many, up to 5 on very strong (-1 + db) signals (one station seems prone to this so suspect overdriving the rig) but usually spaced 100Hz apart, never on the same frequency. Did not see that station on again so could not check if it was his TX.

        73

        Charlie

        www.G4EST.me.uk

        When the audio file is played back the double decode again shows,

        cid:image002.jpg@01CE8DDE.B0833CD0

        73

        Charlie

        www.G4EST.me.uk

      • Ed
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31 9:23 AM

          I, too,  have seen this ….sometimes it is quite common,  other times not.  Strong stations are not required as I have seen it on stations with primary signals around -10 dB.   It does make it more difficult to browse the received signals window when a couple stations with this issue are taking up 6 lines.

          My suggestions last week of coming up with free messages to advise stations they have this problem was not well received by a couple members here on this list….. why they felt that advising a station operator he has the problem -  I have still not figured out.

          Ed   K7AAT