Small mystery solved (bandwidth)

  • afa1yy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2013
      Even though my Kenwood TS480's bandwidth is selectable to 5 Khz, My frequency response drops off at 2.8 Khz as seen on my Wide Graph. I cannot see JT65 and JT9 signals together on the JT9+JT65 mode.

      Out of curiosity, I set my rig to AM modulation. Voila! my bandwidth was flat for the entire 4 Khz visable on my wide graph. Unfortunately, nothing gets decoded in AM. Clearly, my selecting USB overides my selection of bandwidth.

      Art
      K0AY