Re: [wsjtgroup] QSO Start Time same as Stop Time

  • David Westbrook
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 28, 2013
      You can always fix it in your logger -- for example with DXKeeper,  use either the filter and 'Adv' dialog to mass-modify, or use a script.   You can find the JT9 qso's that have the same start/end date, and then make the start date 5 minutes earlier.

      Here's what the script might look like (untested!!! didn't run it, but did syntax-check the parts):

      filter mode = 'JT9' AND qso_begin = qso_end
      modify qso_begin DateAdd('n', -5, qso_end )

      You could do other maintenance, too, e.g.   modify app_dxkeeper_submode JT9-1

      --david
      KJ4IZW

      On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 7:00 AM, Andrew ZL3CC <zl3cc@...> wrote:

      Yes that has been annoying me too.

      Andrew ZL3CC

      On 27/07/2013, at 17:17, "af5fh" <jkajder@...> wrote:

      Installed WSJT-X V1.1, r3496 a few days ago. Works well for JT-9 and JT-65, thanks for fine program. One problem I just noticed, when it prompts me to log, the time for the QSO is the stop time (time of my last transmission). I am using JT-Alert 2.4.1 to copy the QSO entry to DXKeeper, and I end up with a QSO entry with start and stop time equal. Which seems wrong to me. On JT-65 or JT-9, the start time should be about 5 minutes before the stop time. How do I setup these programs to log the start time as my first transmission to a station, and the stop time as the last transmission to that station?

      Jim, AF5FH

    • KD7YZ Bob
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 28, 2013
        On Sunday Westbrook sent, on a straight key:

        DW> You can always fix it in your logger -- for example with DXKeeper,
        DW> use either the filter and 'Adv' dialog to mass-modify,
        While that's helpful, personally when It's E-Skip opening, for example,
        or one after another on M/S , I barely have time to verify what I am
        agreeing to when Sheila puts up a confirm logging box.

        Yes I am slow, as well as forgetful.

        It would be helpful if when DxK "Capture" get's the call-sign, that the
        start times is noted ... and so forth .. but I suspect we are getting a
        bit too nit-picky

        Bob KD7YZ
        http://www.qrz.com/db/KD7YZ