FW: [wsjtgroup] Windows 8 problem with WSJT-X v1.1 r3496

  • chas cartmel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2013

      From: chas cartmel [mailto:chas@...]
      Sent: 27 July 2013 13:12
      To: 'Fraser'
      Subject: RE: [wsjtgroup] Windows 8 problem with WSJT-X v1.1 r3496

      Copy of mail to the group. Have sent this to 2 previous posters but due to forum rules these aren’t available within the group to help others, hence this post.

      Fraser

      I run mine on W8 Pro 64bit without issue. The only thing I can suggest is ensure it is NOT installed in a Program Files folder such as C:\wsjtx ,  and perhaps set the “run as Administrator” attribute. I hae 3 installations in total, all on this OS and all OK.

      You could also try deleting the wsjtx.ini file and having another go, or doing a full uninstall using a utility such as Geek or Advanced System Care 6 then setting up as suggested previously.

      Hope it helps

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 27, 2013

        A bit unclear here –

        The phrase “ensure it is NOT installed in a Program Files folder such as C:\wsjtx” should be “thing I can suggest is ensure it is NOT installed in a Program Files folder but elsewhere such as C:\wsjtx” ,  Not enough coffee yet!

        73

        Charlie

        www.G4EST.me.uk