QSO Start Time same as Stop Time

  • af5fh
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26, 2013
      Installed WSJT-X V1.1, r3496 a few days ago. Works well for JT-9 and JT-65, thanks for fine program. One problem I just noticed, when it prompts me to log, the time for the QSO is the stop time (time of my last transmission). I am using JT-Alert 2.4.1 to copy the QSO entry to DXKeeper, and I end up with a QSO entry with start and stop time equal. Which seems wrong to me. On JT-65 or JT-9, the start time should be about 5 minutes before the stop time. How do I setup these programs to log the start time as my first transmission to a station, and the stop time as the last transmission to that station?

      Jim, AF5FH
    • Andrew ZL3CC
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 27, 2013
        Yes that has been annoying me too.

        Andrew ZL3CC

        On 27/07/2013, at 17:17, "af5fh" <jkajder@...> wrote:

        Installed WSJT-X V1.1, r3496 a few days ago. Works well for JT-9 and JT-65, thanks for fine program. One problem I just noticed, when it prompts me to log, the time for the QSO is the stop time (time of my last transmission). I am using JT-Alert 2.4.1 to copy the QSO entry to DXKeeper, and I end up with a QSO entry with start and stop time equal. Which seems wrong to me. On JT-65 or JT-9, the start time should be about 5 minutes before the stop time. How do I setup these programs to log the start time as my first transmission to a station, and the stop time as the last transmission to that station?

        Jim, AF5FH

      • David Westbrook
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 28, 2013
          You can always fix it in your logger -- for example with DXKeeper,  use either the filter and 'Adv' dialog to mass-modify, or use a script.   You can find the JT9 qso's that have the same start/end date, and then make the start date 5 minutes earlier.

          Here's what the script might look like (untested!!! didn't run it, but did syntax-check the parts):

          filter mode = 'JT9' AND qso_begin = qso_end
          modify qso_begin DateAdd('n', -5, qso_end )

          You could do other maintenance, too, e.g.   modify app_dxkeeper_submode JT9-1

          --david
          KJ4IZW

          On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 7:00 AM, Andrew ZL3CC <zl3cc@...> wrote:

          Yes that has been annoying me too.

          Andrew ZL3CC

          On 27/07/2013, at 17:17, "af5fh" <jkajder@...> wrote:

          Installed WSJT-X V1.1, r3496 a few days ago. Works well for JT-9 and JT-65, thanks for fine program. One problem I just noticed, when it prompts me to log, the time for the QSO is the stop time (time of my last transmission). I am using JT-Alert 2.4.1 to copy the QSO entry to DXKeeper, and I end up with a QSO entry with start and stop time equal. Which seems wrong to me. On JT-65 or JT-9, the start time should be about 5 minutes before the stop time. How do I setup these programs to log the start time as my first transmission to a station, and the stop time as the last transmission to that station?

          Jim, AF5FH

        • KD7YZ Bob
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 28, 2013
            On Sunday Westbrook sent, on a straight key:

            DW> You can always fix it in your logger -- for example with DXKeeper,
            DW> use either the filter and 'Adv' dialog to mass-modify,
            While that's helpful, personally when It's E-Skip opening, for example,
            or one after another on M/S , I barely have time to verify what I am
            agreeing to when Sheila puts up a confirm logging box.

            Yes I am slow, as well as forgetful.

            It would be helpful if when DxK "Capture" get's the call-sign, that the
            start times is noted ... and so forth .. but I suspect we are getting a
            bit too nit-picky

            Bob KD7YZ
            http://www.qrz.com/db/KD7YZ