Re: [wsjtgroup] flatten spectra

  • n4abn
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 191 KB
    Screen shot of the waterfall

    73 Eddy N4ABN

  • Ed
    Message 2 of 5 , Aug 13, 2013

      I’ve been having logging issues with WSJT-X log for some time.   Recently began using the JTAlert logging file but the same problem presents itself.

      I use N3FJPs  ACLog3.3 for my primary logging program.   After a night or two of QSOs I use File Import in ACLog3.3 to import my JTAlert adif log file.

      The problem is that after doing that I must delete the  JTAlert log file or else the next time I import it into my ACLog3.3 logger I will get duplicates.

      Question:  Is there a way to do what I’m doing and avoid the duplicate issue without manually deleting my JTAlert log file?  Am I going about this all wrong?   All I want to do is maintain a list of my QSOs  and also upload them to LOTW  or eQSL.

      I cannot seem to find any good help on this subject.

      Ed   K7AAT

    • Jeff Stillinger
      Message 3 of 5 , Aug 14, 2013
        HI Ed,

        I was looking at the manual for ACLog.  I didn't see the feature documented, so you may have to look for it.   Sometimes if it's not documented does not mean it doesn't exist.  When you import your adif file, you should be able to select a date range for import.  If you can not do this with ACLog, then you have to do it the way your doing it.

        You may consider using a logging program that is supported by JTAlert.   DX Keeper is free and fully automates the logging process.  Once I press the "Log QSO" button in WSJT-X, the QSO is logged, looked up, data fields populated, sent to LOTW and eQSL.   A eQSL awaits contacts within 15 seconds of pressing the "Log QSO" button.  No importing needed, no log maintenance needed.

        There is nothing that says you can't run two logs.   One for digital JT modes, and one for other modes.

        --
        Jeff - KB6IBB