WSJT-X v1.1 r3496

  • Gary
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2013
      Great work Joe :-)

      I've been away from radio for 2 or 3 weeks so it was a really pleasant surprise to see the latest WSJT-X program developments. v1.1 r3496 is up and running here and I'm playing around with the JT9+JT65 functions using split tx.

      My FT817 isn't ideal as the receive bandwidth can't really cope with the whole 4kHz spread, but I am decoding some JT9 whilst tuned to the JT65 base frequency. The split tx does work well though and it means that if I do get a decode with either mode, I can transmit back without any problems. I am experimenting with the 'offsets' as suggested in the WSJT-X manual to give me better coverage of one mode at the expense of the other.

      A few things I've noticed so far:

      - I wasn't getting a signal strength indication is the waterfall graph until I changed from Cumulative to Current. Changing back to Cumulative did give correct signal strength indications.

      - Using v1.1 with HRD 6.1 beta (before I started using 'split') seemed to make everything run very slowly, but then Windows XP was updating in the background, so this might have been the issue.

      - When selecting Cat control, sometimes the drop down list isn't populated, but the list does appear if you select the drop down a second time. Also, having selected 120 Yaesu FT-817, sometimes when I go back to the Setup > Configuration > Station screen I find that another Yaesu radio is set (can't remember which one now) although it doesn't seem to affect the operation of the FT-817.

      Keep up the good work Joe!

      Regards

      Gary
      G0DNI