Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: No JT9 signals?

  • Joe Subich, W4TV
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 21, 2013
      As explained in the User Guide for wSJT-X v 1.1 and previously in
      this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wsjtgroup/message/10876

      > In simple terms, if your transceiver's receive filter is limited to
      > approximately 2.5 KHz of bandwidth (a conventional SSB filter), you
      > may want to focus on one mode or the other rather than employ broadband
      > (dual mode) detection. In that case, is is appropriate to disable
      > "Split TX" in the configuration (F2) dialog and set the transceiver
      > to xx.076 (normal "default" frequencies) for JT65A and tick the +2 KHz
      > box (adjusting the default up 2 KHz to xx.078) for JT9.
      >
      > Those with Kenwood transceivers, the Elecraft K3 with FM or AM roofing
      > filter, or SDR transceivers capable of arbitrary receive bandwidth need
      > not be concerned with +2 KHz as they can decode the full 4 KHz or more
      > at one time (and utilize "Split TX" for transmit).

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV

      On 7/21/2013 4:16 PM, Dan wrote:
      > I'm not sure what that "+2 kHz" tick is used for, but on my setup it is not ticked. VFO A is set to 14.076 and when I transmit a JT9 CQ it will show VFO B at 14.078.
      >
      > I tried a test CQ with that "+2 kHz" ticked and it changed my VFO A to 14.078 and my CQ JT9 test showed VFO B at 14.080.
      >
      > Dan
      > KJ6RGX
      >
      > --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Bill Turner <dezrat1242@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Hello: I'm brand new to WSJTX and I have it apparently working ok, but in
      >> three days of listening I have yet to hear a single JT9 signal. I hear many
      >> JT65 stations and have worked a few, and when listening for JT9 I have the
      >> +2 kHz box checked, but there's nothing there on any band. Many CQs. no
      >> answers. Doesn't matter whether I have mode set to JT9 only or JT65+JT9.
      >>
      >> Is the activity that low or am I doing something wrong?
      >>
      >> 73, Bill W6WRT

    • Andrew O'Brien
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 21, 2013
        Bill, LOTS of JT9 here on 20M.  six signals at once!

        Andy K3UK

      • Dan
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 21, 2013
          Ah, ok, makes perfect sense. I use a Kenwood so never had to use this feature. Thanks for the explanation.

          Dan
          KJ6RGX