Re: Periodic loss of CAT ?

  • k3wyc
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 21, 2013
      To the best of my knowledge WSJT-X is currently designed to deselect CAT anytime CAT fails to get a correct response to a CAT request. This will happen any time you turn the rig off before shutting down WSJT-X, or any time the rig does not respond for any other reason.

      In the current implementation there is no error recovery mechanism. You have to reselect CAT every time it fails.

      In R3496, as well as the expected CAT fail if I turn off the TS-590S, I also have seen CAT fail when a transmission ends. That new failure is not very frequent and I have not yet captured the CAT traffic to see what is failing.

      My configuration is direct USB CAT to TS-590S with no other software in the loop.

      As documented in an earlier thread, R3496 has a new VFO A burst polling characteristic that was not present in previous versions. K1JT has advised me that this is not intentional. If that burst characteristic is present when using intermediate CAT software I would not be surprised to see CAT to fail due to transport delays.

      Check the files section for examples of burst polling (WSJT-X CAT directory)

      73, Andy k3wyc