RE: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X feature request

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 20, 2013

      HAH!    Great !   Guess I was doing it backwards.  I always started WSJT-X before JTAlert.    I found that feature in JTAlert settings.  Will do it that way.  Thanks.

      No need for this new feature then.

      Ed   K7AAT

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 17, 2014
        Would it be possible in order to reduce the numbers of accidental spots being reported via PSKreporter or HamSpots when using WSJT-X with JT65/JT9 that when a user changes band from the drop down list, the software:

        1. Stops the Monitor
        2. Erases the Band activity

        That would prevent a decode of all stations heard on one band 'part way through the 50 second' TX period from being later spotted wrongly on the new band that the operator had changed to.

        It still won't stop all wrong spots, but would reduce some of the accidental instances.

        Currently I manually do the above two steps when I change bands.

        73 de Philip G0ISW

      • chas cartmel
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 17, 2014

          Philip / Joe

          Would it not be easier to inhibit the sending of data to psk reporter if the band is changed during a receive cycle?

          73

          Charlie

          www.G4EST.me.uk

          Would it be possible in order to reduce the numbers of accidental spots being reported via PSKreporter or HamSpots when using WSJT-X with JT65/JT9 that when a user changes band from the drop down list, the software:

          1. Stops the Monitor

          2. Erases the Band activity

          That would prevent a decode of all stations heard on one band 'part way through the 50 second' TX period from being later spotted wrongly on the new band that the operator had changed to.

          It still won't stop all wrong spots, but would reduce some of the accidental instances.

          Currently I manually do the above two steps when I change bands.

          73 de Philip G0ISW

        • Edson W. R. Pereira

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 17, 2014
              Please coordinate with Laurie VK3AMA - I believe he is using info from
              the decode log. If so, the only way to prevent the incorrect spots is
              to flush the decodes and not write to the log when changing bands (or
              possibly inhibit decoding in the minute with a band change).

              73,

              ... Joe, W4TV

              On 1/17/2014 10:00 AM, Edson W. R. Pereira wrote:
              > The data to be sent to PSKReporter is queued and the spots are uploaded
              > every 5 minutes. One possibility is to clear the queue when the band is
              > changed. I will take a look at the code and see if there are better ways to
              > prevent wrong spots from being sent.
              >
              > 73,
              >
              > -- Edson PY2SDR
              >

              > On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 12:56 PM, chas cartmel <chas@...> wrote:
              >

              >> Philip / Joe
              >>
              >> Would it not be easier to inhibit the sending of data to psk reporter if
              >> the band is changed during a receive cycle?
              >>

              >> 73
              >>
              >> Charlie
              >>
              >> www.G4EST.me.uk

            • Laurie, VK3AMA