Re: [wsjtgroup] Replacement for Signalink USB suggestions?

  • Rudy Benner
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 19, 2013
      Better performance.

      From: Ed
      Sent: Friday, July 19, 2013 12:59 PM
      Subject: RE: [wsjtgroup] Replacement for Signalink USB suggestions?

      I am curious….. what do you hope to gain by going to a ‘better’  unit?

      Ed   K7AAT

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 19, 2013

        Rudy,

        I am not trying to be snide or negative so please don’t take my continued response in that manner,  but I have been quite pleased with my SignaLink USB devices and simply can’t understand what improvement in ‘performance’  is possible.  The WSJT-X  software does all the ‘performance’ work and the SignaLink simply handles the interface with the radio.  Can you possibly elaborate on what performance issues you are looking to improve?

        Ed

        I am curious….. what do you hope to gain by going to a ‘better’  unit?

        Ed   K7AAT

        I have 2 Signalink USB units, both work fine, but I am open to a suggestion for a better unit.

        I am not up to the task of modifying it, my eyes are not what they were.

        ve3bdr rudy

      • Marinus van Opzeeland
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 19, 2013
          Wow, that was a quick turnaround. Thank you Joe and well done to the team !

          Kind regards,
          Marinus... PE1LIF
        • Ed
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 19, 2013

            DITTO !

            Ed   K7AAT

            From: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Marinus van Opzeeland
            Subject: RE: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X Version 1.1

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 19, 2013
              NC5O wrote:
              > ... each time I start the program I need to start the CAT option, ...

              There should be no need to do this.

              You must be starting WSJT-X before you turn on the radio, or interface
              box, or HRD, or Commander, or ...??? In such a case, WSJT-X concludes
              that CAT communication is broken, and stops trying.

              In due course, we'll probably make it more foolproof. For now, we
              haven't given that task a high priority.

              -- 73, Joe, K1JT
            • Ed
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 24, 2013

                Question regarding the triple decode / display of some JT9 stations.

                I know this subject has been raised before.  This evening I am seeing a number of stations whose signals are being decoded three times as previously discussed….. the primary signal,  and two other signals about 20+dB down and 60Hz away on each side of the primary.   Just around 23XX UTC there was a W5 ,  a WD4, and also a VE7 who showed up on 20M all with this issue….possibly more.

                As I recall the prior discussion here to this issue,  these multiple decodes are probably caused by the introduction of 60Hz hum on the DC power of the transmitting station….  Do I have that correct?

                If so,  my question is what can we do to advise the offending station of this issue?

                My thought is to send a Free message during a QSO saying something like,  “ U HAV 60Z HUM”   or   “ CK UR STA 4 HUM”.

                Does this sound reasonable or am I out of line for suggesting such?

                Ed   K7AAT