Request User-Set +Offset

  • k0og
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19, 2013
      Greetings,

      I posted this in an earlier thread, but maybe it got buried, or maybe everyone considered this a silly request? I thought it worth bringing it up again as a new topic since it generated no responses.

      73,
      -Joe-

      Joe,

      That all looks good, but I have found it useful with my limited-bandwidth FT-100D (around 3 kHz passband) to set the VFO-A to 14.077 MHz, then set the boundary between JT65 and JT9 at 1500 Hz. For me, a "+ 1 kHz" checkbox option would make more sense, and I suspect I'm not the only one. I suggest providing a "+ xxxx Hz" box, where the "xxxx" is set by the user in the configuration (able to type in any number between 0000 and 9999).

      73,
      -Joe-

      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Joe Taylor <joe@...> wrote:

      > 9. New cold-start default frequencies, set at reasonable values for
      > JT65, and a "+ 2 kHz" checkbox.
      >
      > -- 73, Joe, K1JT

    • Joe Subich, W4TV
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19, 2013
        Joe,

        Why would a +1 be needed? With a default frequency of 14.077 you are
        cutting off half the JT65A activity and can essentially access through
        the top of the JT9 activity without using split for transmit.

        If that is your preferred configuration, you can reset the default
        frequencies in Setup | Default Frequencies to be xx.077000 or you
        can reset them to be xx.075000 and leave the +2 KHz box ticked.
        The current xx.076000 defaults with +2 KHz provide the opportunity
        for most users of "traditional" rigs (those with 2.5-3 KHz filters)
        the ability to use a 3 KHz waterfall and toggle easily between JT65
        and JT9 operation.

        73,

        ... Joe, W4TV

        On 7/19/2013 9:10 AM, k0og wrote:
        > Greetings,
        >
        > I posted this in an earlier thread, but maybe it got buried, or maybe everyone considered this a silly request? I thought it worth bringing it up again as a new topic since it generated no responses.
        >
        > 73,
        > -Joe-

        > Joe,
        >
        > That all looks good, but I have found it useful with my limited-bandwidth FT-100D (around 3 kHz passband) to set the VFO-A to 14.077 MHz, then set the boundary between JT65 and JT9 at 1500 Hz. For me, a "+ 1 kHz" checkbox option would make more sense, and I suspect I'm not the only one. I suggest providing a "+ xxxx Hz" box, where the "xxxx" is set by the user in the configuration (able to type in any number between 0000 and 9999).
        >
        > 73,
        > -Joe-
        >
        > --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Joe Taylor <joe@...> wrote:
        >
        >> 9. New cold-start default frequencies, set at reasonable values for
        >> JT65, and a "+ 2 kHz" checkbox.
        >>
        >> -- 73, Joe, K1JT

      • k0og
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 19, 2013
          Joe,

          Thanks for your reply. However, I think we have too many "Joes" here - it might get confusing - ha, ha!

          Sure, I can use it the way it is, and just edit the default frequency list, which is what I am doing now. It's just inconvenient because if I want to run single mode instead of dual mode, I have to edit the frequency list again, or spin the dial on my radio. My point is this: It would be nice to accomodate as much as possible those of us who do not have radios with a 4kHz RX bandwidth to run dual-mode, even if part of the JT65 and JT9 areas are truncated. Not a big deal though...

          73,
          -Joe-