Double decodes at +1000 Hz

  • kmiller8
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 2013
      Is anyone else getting decodes 1000 Hz above the real signal? I see some references to double decodes in earlier messages but nothing quite like this. Here are two examples:

      2236 -12 2.4 1824 @ N4ABN PA3ACA 73
      2236 -16 2.4 2824 @ N4ABN PA3ACA 73

      2254 -25 2.6 1635 @ G4WJS KE5MC R-22
      2254 -20 2.6 2635 @ G4WJS KE5MC R-22

      2259 9 2.4 1520 @ CQ W5NZ EM62
      2259 -13 2.4 2520 @ CQ W5NZ EM62

      This happens with many (but not all) stations, not just the ones shown above.

      I am using v1.1 r3487 and JTAlert-X 2.4.1. I have been using most versions of WSJT-X and have never noticed this before. It is independent of how I set my receive levels, very high or very low. I normally keep rx noise at about 20 to 25. I am using the same rig (TS-590S)and computer (1.6 GHz AMD E-350 Dual Core Win 7 PC).

      I am assuming this is not a software problem, but something I am doing wrong.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18, 2013
        On 7/18/2013 7:03 PM, kmiller8 wrote:
        > Is anyone else getting decodes 1000 Hz above the real signal? I see some references to double decodes in earlier messages but nothing quite like this. Here are two examples:
        >
        > 2236 -12 2.4 1824 @ N4ABN PA3ACA 73
        > 2236 -16 2.4 2824 @ N4ABN PA3ACA 73
        >
        > 2254 -25 2.6 1635 @ G4WJS KE5MC R-22
        > 2254 -20 2.6 2635 @ G4WJS KE5MC R-22
        >
        > 2259 9 2.4 1520 @ CQ W5NZ EM62
        > 2259 -13 2.4 2520 @ CQ W5NZ EM62
        >
        > This happens with many (but not all) stations, not just the ones shown above.
        >
        > I am using v1.1 r3487 and JTAlert-X 2.4.1. I have been using most versions of WSJT-X and have never noticed this before. It is independent of how I set my receive levels, very high or very low. I normally keep rx noise at about 20 to 25. I am using the same rig (TS-590S)and computer (1.6 GHz AMD E-350 Dual Core Win 7 PC).
        >
        > I am assuming this is not a software problem, but something I am doing wrong.

        One more time: Reports that suggest the program's decoders may have done
        something wrong are not particularly useful to your hardworking
        programming group unless you send an example *.wav file exhibiting the
        problem.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT
      • kc2wuf
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 18, 2013
          I would think that the sound card and interface being used as well might be helpful for the community in general.

          In case any of us experience similar problems.

          73 David KC2WUF