Re: CW ID

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 18 8:24 AM
      That was it ! Thanks ! Computer had a hiccup and I had to reset some of the figures, evidently that one got changed. Simple enough. Thanks to all who replied here and privately.

      As a side question...why would someone use a CW ID when the ID is in the message? It seems unnecessary and redundant. I do understand some countries (not the U.S.) may require such an ID so it is in the program. Just curious.

      Thanks again and 73,
      Jim (AA0MZ)

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 18 9:34 AM
        AA0MZ wrote:

        > As a side question...why would someone use a CW ID when the ID
        > is in the message? It seems unnecessary and redundant. I do
        > understand some countries (not the U.S.) may require such an
        > ID so it is in the program. Just curious.

        Why does a company that puts scannable dot patterns in their catalog, or
        on their web page, also print the information in plain English?

        So that humans, as well as certain machines, can read and understand the
        "redundant" information.

        -- Joe, K1JT
      • mack edmonson
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 19, 2013
          Anyone else experiencing transmitter shutdown before CW ID  is finished? WSJT- X v1.2,  r3556.  Always worked great on other versions.  Any Fixes?

          Mack
          W4ENN
        • Ed Wilson
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 19, 2013
            What are you using for a rig, Mack?

            Ed, K0KC

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 19, 2013
              Bill,
              It does same thing every time, I use PTT from rigblaster pro to key the transceiver. Sometimes it
              Gets as far as W4ENE   others as W4ET   never finishes complete call.  Never experienced this with earlier versions of software.
              Mack
              W4ENN

              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 19, 2013
                OOPS
                found it, had switched sound card to onboard audio, for some reason WSJT-X doesn't like it for cw-id.  Went back to sound from PCI card and all ok.  Thanks to all.

                Mack
                W4ENN