Re: [wsjtgroup] CW ID

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 18, 2013
      W4TV wrote:
      > Assuming you are using WSJT-X and not the single mode WSJT9,
      > go to Setup | Configuration | Station (or press F2) and look
      > in the middle of the third line ("ID after 73") - untick the
      > box.

      WSJT9 is not "single mode" -- there are 20 entries on the full "Mode" menu.

      For WSJT 9.x:

      Go to "Setup | Options" and set "ID Interval (m)" to 0.

      -- Joe, K1JT
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 18, 2013
        That was it ! Thanks ! Computer had a hiccup and I had to reset some of the figures, evidently that one got changed. Simple enough. Thanks to all who replied here and privately.

        As a side question...why would someone use a CW ID when the ID is in the message? It seems unnecessary and redundant. I do understand some countries (not the U.S.) may require such an ID so it is in the program. Just curious.

        Thanks again and 73,
        Jim (AA0MZ)

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 18, 2013
          AA0MZ wrote:

          > As a side question...why would someone use a CW ID when the ID
          > is in the message? It seems unnecessary and redundant. I do
          > understand some countries (not the U.S.) may require such an
          > ID so it is in the program. Just curious.

          Why does a company that puts scannable dot patterns in their catalog, or
          on their web page, also print the information in plain English?

          So that humans, as well as certain machines, can read and understand the
          "redundant" information.

          -- Joe, K1JT
        • mack edmonson
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 19, 2013
            Anyone else experiencing transmitter shutdown before CW ID  is finished? WSJT- X v1.2,  r3556.  Always worked great on other versions.  Any Fixes?

            Mack
            W4ENN
          • Ed Wilson
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 19, 2013
              What are you using for a rig, Mack?

              Ed, K0KC

              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 19, 2013
                Bill,
                It does same thing every time, I use PTT from rigblaster pro to key the transceiver. Sometimes it
                Gets as far as W4ENE   others as W4ET   never finishes complete call.  Never experienced this with earlier versions of software.
                Mack
                W4ENN

                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 19, 2013
                  OOPS
                  found it, had switched sound card to onboard audio, for some reason WSJT-X doesn't like it for cw-id.  Went back to sound from PCI card and all ok.  Thanks to all.

                  Mack
                  W4ENN