Re: WSJT-X and IC-746PRO rig control not working

  • g4wjs
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 2013
      Hi Erik,

      I have found that the WSJT-X CAT control is too fragile for testing a new setup. As you have found it disables at the slightest hint of problems.

      I would suggest verifying that the CAT interface hardware is working by using another piece of software first.

      This could be as simple as a terminal emulator like HyperTerm or as complex as a fully fledged logging program interface. Whatever you have already would be my first pick.

      Once you can verify that the CAT interface hardware is working in both directions; then start again with the WSJT-X configuration.

      73
      Bill.
    • Karel G J Bezuidenhout ZS6WN
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18, 2013

        Hi

        FWIW, my IC746PRO works fine with the new WSJT-x.

        I even make use of the wider SSB filter @ 3.6kHz and enjoy the dual mode option (although my dial QRG is set at 14.0765 and the split marker around 2200).

        Joe really did an excellent job!

        73 de ZS6WN

        Karel