Re: [wsjtgroup] +2 khz question

  • Joe Subich, W4TV
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2013
      Information on the use of the +2KHz tick box is found in item 14 on
      page 12 of the WSJT-X v 1.1 Users Guide. You have read the Users Guide
      haven't you?

      In simplified terms if your transceiver's receive filter is limited to
      approximately 2.5 KHz of bandwidth (a conventional SSB filter), you
      may want to focus on one mode or the other rather than employ broadband
      (dual mode) detection. In that case, is is appropriate to disable
      "Split TX" in the configuration (F2) dialog and set the transceiver
      to xx.076 (normal "default" frequencies) for JT65A and tick the +2 KHz
      box (adjusting the default up 2 KHz to xx.078) for JT9.

      Those with Kenwood transceivers, the Elecraft K3 with FM or AM roofing
      filter, or SDR transceivers capable of arbitrary receive bandwidth need
      not be concerned with +2 KHz as they can decode the full 4 KHz or more
      at one time (and utilize "Split TX" for transmit).

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV