Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X v1.1 bete release, r3482

  • Rudy Benner
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15 8:44 AM
      Please check the version number, I already have the exact same file.

      ve3bdr

      Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 10:54 AM
      Subject: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X v1.1 bete release, r3482

      Hi all,

      An open release of WSJT-X Version 1.1 has been posted on the WSJT web
      site: http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx.html

      This one is still called a "beta" release, mostly because we haven't
      figured out how to make Ham Radio Deluxe set the frequency of a radio's
      "VFO B" and use that one when transmitting. (Surely this must be
      possible, but the available documentation is miserable.) Split
      operation may be needed if you use the expanded, wide-bandwidth
      capability of WSJT-X.

      I understand that a few users are still finding CAT control to be less
      stable than it should be: possibly because a call to read the radio's
      frequency times out near the end of an Rx minute, when the decoder is
      getting nearly 100% CPU time. If you find such an issue with r3482,
      please send me a detailed report.

      Otherwise, I think this is a stable, solid release. See the Changelog
      at http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx_changelog.txt for a
      list of changes since Version 1.0, r3323.

      Additional suggestions for program improvements will be welcome -- as
      will volunteers willing to work on them, in any capacity. Remember,
      WSJT-X is an open-source group effort. Program code, improvements to
      documentation, and detailed testing reports are all needed and very welcome.