Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X v1.1 bete release, r3482

  • Rudy Benner
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15, 2013
      Please check the version number, I already have the exact same file.

      ve3bdr

      Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 10:54 AM
      Subject: [wsjtgroup] WSJT-X v1.1 bete release, r3482

      Hi all,

      An open release of WSJT-X Version 1.1 has been posted on the WSJT web
      site: http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx.html

      This one is still called a "beta" release, mostly because we haven't
      figured out how to make Ham Radio Deluxe set the frequency of a radio's
      "VFO B" and use that one when transmitting. (Surely this must be
      possible, but the available documentation is miserable.) Split
      operation may be needed if you use the expanded, wide-bandwidth
      capability of WSJT-X.

      I understand that a few users are still finding CAT control to be less
      stable than it should be: possibly because a call to read the radio's
      frequency times out near the end of an Rx minute, when the decoder is
      getting nearly 100% CPU time. If you find such an issue with r3482,
      please send me a detailed report.

      Otherwise, I think this is a stable, solid release. See the Changelog
      at http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx_changelog.txt for a
      list of changes since Version 1.0, r3323.

      Additional suggestions for program improvements will be welcome -- as
      will volunteers willing to work on them, in any capacity. Remember,
      WSJT-X is an open-source group effort. Program code, improvements to
      documentation, and detailed testing reports are all needed and very welcome.

      -- 73, Joe, K1JT

    • David Birnbaum
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 15, 2013
        If you're looking for the Linux version it's on the server at Berlios.  SVN link is on the Program Development page on K1JT's web pages.

        Compiles with the usual:

        in wsjtx directory
        qmake.
        cd lib
        make -f Makefile.linux
        cd ..
        make

        this will compile (hopefully)  and install in ../wsjtx_install.  If you have an earlier version you'll need to copy the .ini and log files over from the old wsjtx_install directory, which you renamed before the compile, didn't you?

        dave
        k2lyv